Daniel Weaver: counselling and psychotherapy.
Now seeing individual clients and couples; online or outdoors in natural surroundings (subject to approval).
Therapy can be helpful in times of crisis, times of change and times of reflection. I offer a safe and confidential space to clear the way forward.
You may be experiencing anxiety, depression, confusion or chaos. Perhaps something has changed which leaves you hurt, confused, angry or in pain…? If you feel a need to look into your past or focus on your future, counselling and psychotherapy can help to focus you or keep you on track, towards the positive outcomes you hope for.
To reassess your life and change something that has troubled you or held you back, you may need support from an experienced and sensitive professional. A non-judgemental and confidential space in your life where you can untangle, offload or unpack what holds you back or makes you feel bad. Together we can make the changes that matter, by exploring the past, looking to the future and paying careful attention to the present moment.
I have experience of working with issues such as:
- trauma (from the past or from recent events)
- anxiety (a common root of crisis is the inability to process events because of anxiety)
- sexual abuse (including what a partner, friend or family member may have experienced)
- bereavement (loss and the effects of suicide or attempted suicide)
- relationship problems (partners, family, siblings, colleagues…)
- identity (knowing ourselves and become the person we really want to be)
- sexual issues (loss or excess of libido, disfunction, incompatibilities…)
- loneliness (isolation, shyness, withdrawal, shame…)
- somatic illnesses (eg. stress related ailments)
- social phobias (social anxiety etc)
- compulsions (not feeling in control of things we do, things we wish we didn’t do…)
- feeling overwhelmed (trouble finishing tasks, starting tasks or seeing jobs pile up…)
- loss of motivation (procrastination, creative block…)
etc I also have extensive experience of working creatively with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and Learning Disabilities, including people with limited speech and people who prefer not to rely on words alone. see FAQ for more information.
I abide by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists code of ethics.