Daniel Weaver: counselling and psychotherapy.
Therapy can be helpful in times of crisis, times of change and times of reflection.
I offer a professional service, in confidence.
You may be experiencing anxiety, depression, confusion or chaos. Perhaps something has changed which leaves you hurt, confused, frightened or in pain.
You may be looking to reassess your life and change something that has troubled you for or held you back. Sometimes our history refuses to quieten and instead becomes more distressing. If so, you may need support from an experienced and sensitive professional, a safe, non-judgemental and private space in your life where you can unpack what holds you back or makes you feel bad. Together we can make the changes that matter. We do this by exploring the past, looking to the future and by noticing what happens as we do this, in the present moment.
I am an experienced counsellor working with issues such as:
- trauma (in the past or recent events)
- sexual abuse (including what your partner or sibling may have experienced)
- bereavement (and the effects of suicide or attempted suicide)
- relationship problems (partners, family, siblings, colleagues…)
- sexual issues (loss or excess of libido, disfunction, incompatibilities…)
- somatic illnesses (eg stress related ailments)
- social phobias (social anxiety etc)
- feeling overwhelmed
- loss of motivation
etc I also have extensive experience of working with Autistic Spectrum Conditions and Learning Disabilities, including people with limited speech and people who prefer not to rely on words alone. see FAQ for detailed list and more information.
I abide by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists code of ethics.