Daniel Weaver: counselling and psychotherapy.
Therapy can be helpful in times of crisis, times of change and times of reflection.
I offer a professional service, in confidence.
You may be experiencing anxiety, depression or chaos. Perhaps something has changed; loss of a loved one, loss of work, loss of mobility or function… which leaves you hurt, confused, frightened, in pain… or all of the above!
Or you may be looking to reassess your life and change something that has bothered you for ages. If so, you may need support from an experienced and sensitive professional, a safe and stable space in your life where you can unpack what holds you back or makes you feel bad. Together we can look for the solutions, we can gain insight and compassion and make the changes that matter. We do this by exploring the past, looking to the future and by noticing what happens as we do this, in the present moment.
I am an experienced counsellor working with issues such as:
- trauma (in the past or recent events)
- sexual abuse (including what your partner or sibling may have experienced)
- bereavement (and the effects of suicide or attempted suicide)
- relationship problems (partners, family, siblings, colleagues…)
- sexual issues (loss or excess of libido, disfunction, incompatibilities…)
- somatic illnesses (eg stress related ailments)
- social phobias (social anxiety etc)
- feeling overwhelmed
- loss of motivation
etc I also have experience of working with Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Learning Disabilities including people with limited speech and people who prefer not to rely on words alone. see FAQ for detailed list and more information.
I abide by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists code of ethics.